Cannabis is gaining traction not only because the mainstream is increasingly accepting it but also because it’s a great way to relax. With so many different options, there’s something in cannabis for everyone. You can smoke it, vape it, eat it, and even rub it on your skin. Today, we’re focused on vegan edibles that you can easily make at home.
Below, we’ve listed a few of our favourite vegan recipes that will have you making your own delicious cannabis-infused edibles in minutes!
Making the Cannabis Oil
While you can source high-quality cannabis oil from us, it is simple enough to make on your own— and we’ll even show you how to make it.
Before you start, you’ll need:
- food-grade alcohol (we recommend Everclear for its high alcohol content)
- a coffee or micron filter
- a rice cooker
Then, make sure you’re in a WELL-VENTILATED AREA and follow these simple steps for your cannabis oil extract:
- Break up your cannabis into small pieces (but not so small it can get through your filter!)
- Spread the cannabis on a clean cloth.
- Place your bud in a glass jar and mix with alcohol. Stir slowly for approximately 10 minutes
- Place your filter over an empty container and pour the alcohol/cannabis solution through it to filter out the plant material
- Make sure you are in a well-ventilated area away from open flame. This is very important for the next step. Also, ensure that you have a fan to redirect the alcohol fumes.
- Put the solvent into the rice cooker and cook it at low heat for a few hours until the alcohol has vaporized
- You’ll end up with a thick, darkly-coloured substance. To test whether all the alcohol has evaporated, pick up a small amount of your concentrate on the tip of a sewing needle and hold it by a match or lighter. If there’s no spark, you’re probably good to go
- Collect the rest of your concentrate from the rice cooker
That’s it—you have cannabis oil to make a variety of delectable baked goods or add to your favourite meal. For more information on this process, click here.
The first vegan edible we’re going to show you how to make is our classic brownie recipe. If you’re vegan, we understand that you won’t eat any weed product that goes against your principles, no matter how delicious. The truth is that many cannabis edibles contain animal products, like butter and milk— but making vegan brownie edibles is easy, though.
You’ll need several ingredients for these scrumptious vegan brownie edibles:
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cannabis-infused cooking oil*
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
*You can use some dried cannabis buds soaked in olive oil if you do not have the cannabis-infused cooking oil on hand.
Now that you’ve got the ingredients, follow these easy steps for delicious, cannabis-infused vegan brownies:
- Heat a greased baking pan or frying pan to 350°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients—flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder— in a bowl.
- Add the water, vanilla, and cannabis-infused cooking oil gradually.
- Stir until you achieve a well-blended mixture that’s smooth and dark.
- Pour the batter into the preheated baking pan, ensuring that it spreads evenly.
- Shake the pan slightly to remove any air pockets.
- Bake the brownies for 25 to 30 minutes until firm. The brownies should bounce back if pressed lightly.
- Remove your brownies from the oven and allow the batch to cool for at least ten minutes before slicing.
You now have delicious brownies that are cannabis-infused and vegan. The recipe is simple and fabulously balances the cannabis oil with decadent chocolate that melts in the mouth.
Slice these brownies into equal squares and store the batch in an airtight container to keep it fresh. The brownies should last about three to four days in storage if it stays moist.
Most people can’t eat a whole batch of brownies in one sitting and may want to exercise portion control. If so, these delectable vegan edibles are suitable for home freezing, so not a crumb will go to waste.
These vegan gummies are a winner. Vegan edibles like these make excellent snacks and are a great way to consume cannabis on the low while you’re out and about.
Many gummies contain gelatin obtained from the bones and connective tissues of pigs and cows, which is utterly unacceptable for committed vegans. The good news is that you can make vegan gummies at home with one easy substitution—replace the gelatin with agar powder.
The agar powder comes from plants and serves the same thickening function as regular gelatin, which means using agar powder does not sacrifice the quality of the gummy.
So, gather these ingredients for delicious vegan gummies:
- 1 cup fruit puree or juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. agar powder
- Natural sweeteners, such as honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, or agave nectar
- Cannabis tincture—you can source this ingredient from Xpress Grass
You will also need some ice trays or a silicone mould for the shaping process.
- Place your fruit juice or fruit puree in a saucepan. If you opt to use fruit puree, strain it first to obtain a better consistency.
- Heat on medium-high.
- As you heat the fruit juice, prepare your agar solution by mixing the cold water with agar powder until it dissolves completely.
- Make the agar solution in a separate container.
- When your juice starts to bubble, add the agar solution, and stir continuously. It will need about three to four minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add sweetener.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Cool the solution below the 350°F mark.
- Add the cannabis tincture and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the final solution into the ice trays or silicon moulds, and keep it at room temperature for about twenty minutes. Then, put the solution into your refrigerator until it sets firmly.
Remove the gummies from the moulds or ice trays, and store in an airtight container with powdered sugar so that the sweets do not stick to each other.
It is best to store these vegan gummies in a cool, dark place, like your pantry. It will last in storage for between two to three weeks.
Where to Buy Vegan Edibles?
Making vegan edibles at home requires time and effort, but these products are easy to find at Xpress Grass. If you want to make easy cannabis oil, vegan brownies, or vegan gummies at home in ten easy steps, we provide those ingredients, too.
We are a leading vegan edibles Canada supplier offering high-quality edibles and ingredients. Visit our online shop for amazing vegan cannabis products at affordable prices.